Thursday, January 3, 2013

0 India Vs Pakistan, Eden gardens

We were in the cafeteria around 4:15PM, where Sehwag and Gambhir are batting. The first overs went well and each scored a boundary. I was excited by the play of the batsmen and started to guess that today’s match Indian cricket team is going to win in only 40 overs as the projected score was 250 by Pakistan. At 4:30PM, I was so energetic and planned to leave the office to watch rest of the live action in the flat where I live. I was also expecting my roommates as they are huge fans of cricket that to they never miss a match of India Vs Pakistan.


I a boarded the local train @5:00PM, as usual I need to take auto to reach the station. It was half an hour journey and auto was so full that I can’t even take out my mobile from the pocket in order to browse for the score. After getting into the train, I was shocked and rather disappointed little bit to see Gambhir was out that to bowled by the opposite team bowler again and home team score was 53/1 for 11 overs. There was lot of hope as we all know Indian team’s batting line up is pretty strong, still Sehwag was batting and kohli has come up to bat. As I was in the moving train, I lost signal and even the score.

I reached home and switched on the television hoping a good total. The score was beyond my expectations and it was 68/3 for 18 overs. I was in the positive side hoping captain should have a different strategy to win the match. This was the second ODI match that too in the New Year after doom’s day. So, I was sure that however my team will strive hard to win the match in the ground they never won a single match against Pakistan from the year where I was born (1987). Who knows as my team won the second world cup in 2012 after a long gap of first world cup in 1983. In the same way after 15years my home team is going to beat the mighty Pakistan team in my country.

Match was going on and my confidence level of home team wining the match is started to diminish because, in the 18th and 26th overs classy six hitter Yuvy and heavy leg side hitter Raina lost their wickets. I had a blind trust on the captain and expecting the best cricket in the final overs. After 40 overs the score was 132/9 and Dhoni was still batting. I was under the impression that home team again letdown the hope of all Indian cricket fans. At a particular moment Indian team need 96 runs of 16 balls, I think many people should have expected every ball a six like me.  The last ball of 47th over Ishant was bowled by juniad khan who led Pakistan team to victory and claimed the series. Opener nasir and pace bowler junaid, spinners hafeez and ajmal’s efforts had paid the price. Captain Mahendar singh Dhoni proved his leadership once again being a not out batsman on consecutive matches. Let’s hope a great match @Delhi on 6th Jan (Sunday).

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like the post, Rate it. Suggestions and comments are always welcome - Admin, eSahaya

X