Monday, February 11, 2013

0 My Favorite Dost.....

name sake from jumpa lahiri
name sake from jumpa lahiri
One day, There was a discussion between colleagues regarding novels and their importance in our daily life. As I never read a novel, I was numb and silent at the discussion. I was so impressed with the statements of one of my colleague, she shared the experience of her sister that how books have become an integral part of her life.

This is the first thought of her opinion:

Reading is one habit that everyone should cultivate. It not only enhances one's thought processes but also helps as a stress buster.

I have been an ardent reader all my life I have read books of various kinds from comics to story books to novels journals you name and I have read it I am very fond of reading women’s writing and Jhumpa Lahiri my favorite writer her work “The Namesake: A Novel” changed my view that I have towards the life of a woman which at the end of it boils down to the surname she holds at that point in time.  Her relationships, feelings nothing is given the importance it deserves only because she is a woman and with her everything is OK

I love reading stories which has a little of fun, romance and suspense in it. Jeffery Archer, Sydney Sheldon, Nicholas Sparks are a few authors which I would love reading at any time anywhere.

Reading helps me unwind; it gives me an opportunity to look at things from a different point of view. I have fun reading books and treat them as an integral part in my life.

She is not going to stop with the first thought!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like the post, Rate it. Suggestions and comments are always welcome - Admin, eSahaya

X