Thursday, January 24, 2013

0 Parkinson's Disease..


Last week when I visited my home for a weekend holiday, I came to know that a distant friend of mine committed suicide.It shook me so much because, I find no apparent reason. She is a home maker with a caring husband and lovely children, a boy of thirteen and a cute little girl turning into 5 this year. When I inquired about the reason of her suicide, I came to know that, boy has some rare disease and no one explained clearly what that disease is!!
The vague idea about the disease is, as he gets older he will loss his muscle control and could not stand, walk , or move his hands by himself. When asked for cause of this disease, doctors mentioned that it's due to genetic disorders that occurred because the couple were cousins of the same family tree. To mention here, the boy is so healthy that no one will believe he is diagnosed of this unknown disease.

Years later, very recently the little girl also got diagnosed of the same disease and her mother was so depressed and decided to end up her life. I was so angry when I heard this, the only reason of my anger is, how could she leave alone those children when they are really in need of her!!! 

I have to start again to Hyderabad for my work and completely forgot the incident. Yesterday, when I was going through Times of India, I noticed a headline "Parkinson's no more a disease of the Old". I was not much attracted to it but later, went into details of the article. I was surprised because it is about the same disease by which those two children got diagnosed. It drew whole of my attention and whole morning hours I was fully occupied surfing the articles related to Parkinson. Soon I'll come up with the details of the disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like the post, Rate it. Suggestions and comments are always welcome - Admin, eSahaya

X